You must already live in the Philippines.
Start date: ASAP
Location: 928 Arnaiz Avenue, Makati City, Manila (not work from home)
Day and hours: Mondays to Fridays (9AM to 5PM, after Covid will be 9AM to 6PM)
- Great salary
- Generous profit sharing
- HMO, including 2 dependents
- 3-month probationary period
- Our 100% commitment to your learning and development
- A serious focus on work-life balance. Overtime is extremely rare; your nights and weekends are for you, your family, and friends.
- 13th month salary
- 15 vacation days (can carry over 5 unused days to the next year)
- 7 sick days (can cash in 5 unused days)
- SSS, Philhealth, and HDMF
- Casual dress code (jeans and t-shirt are fine)
- A beautiful new building and offices
Mount Fuji Lending, “The lender you can trust,” is an integrity-driven Japanese/Filipino B2B lending company that offers ethical, low-interest, non-collateral commercial loans tailored to the needs of business owners.
Why join us?
- Our number one goal is to develop a strong company culture in which team members feel valued, give input into innovation and company direction, have fun, and can grow personally and professionally with us. If we take care of our team, they will take care of our clients.
- Work without politics, bureaucracy, or hierarchy; you’ll work with a fun and friendly team that supports each other.
- Strong focus on work/life balance (overtime is extremely rare)
Join us, and let’s transform this industry.
Lead the end-to-end function of compliance and adherence to legal, regulatory and statutory issuances particularly on the following:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC):
- Design, implement, and maintain the corporate governance framework including the development of a Corporate Governance Manual
- Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC):
- Act as the Compliance Officer (CO)
- Development of AML framework, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance including the implementation of the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Program (MTPP)
- Review and address suspicious transactions, develop and provide records of high-risk customers, and conduct AMLC reporting
- Implementation of AML-related inspections and audits from third-party organizations, and provide recommendations based on finding
- National Privacy Commission (NPC):
- Act as the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Development and implementation of the Privacy Manual
- Credit Information Corporation (CIC):
- Facilitate regular data submission to the credit registry
- Related Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) circulars and memoranda
- Develop and implement all other related policies and guidelines
- Perform an Annual Compliance Risk Assessment
- Ensure compliance with regular and relevant reporting requirements
- Manage regulatory relationships and be the central point of contact with regulators
- Identify and assess compliance risks and manage/address actual or potential breach and coordinate with the different groups in conducting root cause and impact analysis of identified regulatory breaches
- Act as the Corporate Secretary:
- Directly responsible for legal entity governance management
- Scheduling and documentation of the minutes of board meetings and ensure actions of the board during such meetings are acted in good faith and in accordance with the law
- Maintain records and books of the corporation such as but not limited to registration certificates, annual General Information Sheet (GIS), board resolutions, stock and transfer books, records of the stocks issued, minutes of all board meetings (whether routine or non-routine)
- Research Business Intelligence information sources related to the financial and lending industries
You need to be someone who:
- Obsesses about finding the perfect solution to solve client and team needs
- Constantly thinks in terms of better, faster, cheaper, and improved team and client outcomes
- Works hand-in-hand with the team to identify and test potential improvements
- Is meticulous in attention to detail and self-organization
Required values, behaviors, and attitude:
- Absolute integrity is the core value requirement of all senior leaders and employees. This is non-negotiable.
- Team and collaboration focused. The team is the DNA of our success.
- Strategic thinker. Senior leadership will never assume they are the smartest people in the room. If you have a good idea, share it with us.
- Committed to continuous improvement of yourself and the company. It doesn’t matter how small the improvement is; we want to hear your ideas. Kaizen and Six Sigma are in our blood.
- Proactive. If you spot a possible problem, we want to hear your proposed solution.
- Adaptable to constant change. We will ensure you never get bored.
- At least 5 years, including 3 years of direct experience in the same function coming from the digital banking/banking/lending/financial services industries.
- Experience in conducting business intelligence research would be an added advantage.
- Well versed in corporate compliance, requirements, disclosures
- Able to analyze financial records to identify inconsistencies in accounts
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of risk management and compliance tools and systems to comply with internal policies and procedures and external regulations
- Proficient in online research
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, finance, or equivalent fields
- Legal management degrees or paralegals
- Licensed Philippine lawyer is an advantage
If you feel you’d be a strong contributor to a company that has a passionate vision, integrity, and will include its employees in corporate growth strategy, we’d like to hear from you.